Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year Everyone


Here we are in the year, "2012." That year sounds strange at this point and I know I'll be writing 2011 on my checks for awhile. I don't know about you, but I get very sentimental and nostalgic as the New Year rolls around. Looking back at the previous year and looking forward in hope, to a new one, gets me emotional. I want to wish all my blogger friends, a Happy and Healthy New Year and thank you for all your support of my writing here.

I had an amazing New Years Eve and thought it would be fitting to put on a video and lyrics of the 'Auld Lang Syne' song. Whether you sat at home on New Years Eve or went out on the town, you probably heard this infamous song. The song was written by a scottish poet by the name of Robert Burns, in the eighteenth century. It's well known to ring in the new year as the clock strikes midnight but it's also played on other occasions as well. The first line of the chorus, Auld Lang Syne, basically means, "for the sake of old times."
I brought in the new year with my best friend and twin sister. We started the night at a local restaurant and had a cocktail and an appetizer. Then we came home to our two dogs and watched 'Dick Clark's Rockin Eve' special. It's tradition to put out a delicious buffet of our favorite finger foods which we graze on throughout the the evening. So far, sis and I have always made it to midnight and sometimes beyond. The Dick Clark special actually ends at 2AM Central time. I made it till the show ended but sis pooped out around 1:00AM.
Lyrics to Auld Lang Syne

Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
and never brought to mind?
Should auld Acquaintance be forgot,
and auld lang syne?
Chorus
for auld lang syne, my dear,
for auld lang syne,
we'll take a cup of kindness yet,
for auld lang syne.

No comments:

Post a Comment