- Warm shower or bath to loosen and relax the muscles
- Gentle stretching exercises
- Good self-Care (good nutrition, exercise, don't over-do caffeine)
- Prescription medications are available for people who have severe cases of RLS
- Taking vitamins or supplements to build your immune system (iron supplements have been known to help with this disorder).
- Lower your stress as best you can
Friday, August 6, 2010
What is Restless Leg Syndrome?
Restless Leg Syndrome is a disorder where you have an urgent need to move your legs or feet to relieve the unpleasant sensation. It usually occurs at night when your lying down or when your sitting in a position for a long period of time. I notice my feet and legs becoming restless when I am laying in bed at night or when I'm sitting in my recliner chair.
What do the symptoms look like?
Those who suffer with this disorder will use the following terms to describe the symptoms: Creeping, Crawling, Aching, Pulling, Tingling, Bubbling, Restless.
What can Help These Unpleasant Symptoms:
Unfortunatley, there is no known cure for Restless Leg Syndrome, but here are some tips that have helped me.