Thursday, October 27, 2011

Blog Hop/Thursday Writer's Post-Thrills and Chills-Halloween Style

I was asked in my Writers' Post Group to publish something about "Thrills and Chills"-Halloween Style. I hope you enjoy my Halloween Blog.


Baked Pumpkin Seeds


INGREDIENTS: Pumpkin Seeds, Olive Oil and Salt or Seasoning of Your Choice Ex: (Ranch Dressing Seasoning Mix, Popcorn Cheese Salt, Lawry's Season Salt).


1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Separate pumpkin seeds from the fleshy fibers. In a colander, Wash, Drain and Dry Seeds with Paper Towel.


2. Spread Olive Oil on Bottom of Baking Sheet. Spread pumpkin seeds evenly, in a single layer. Sprinkle seeds with seasoned salt of your choice. Bake 20-30 minutes or until Golden Brown.  Stir pumpkin seeds once during baking process to help them brown evenly and prevent burning. Let seeds cool before eating. 


3. Enjoy and Have a Happy Safe Halloween, Ghostly Blogger Buddies.


My Niece and Nephew Carving their Pumpkins
Cooking my Traditional Pumpkin Seeds
Jack-O-Lanterns Light the Dark Night
Pumpkin Seeds Flavored with Ranch Seasoning and Salt
 





                                          

6 comments:

  1. Halloween sounds so much fun... Carving pumpkins and dressing up weirdly... wow. We don't have this festival over here.. But still I like the excitement going on all over the web!!

    So are you going to dress like a zombie or something???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a zombie but I usually dress as a witch as I give out candy. The kids like when you do that. I bet your seeing a lot of Halloween articles right now. I've always loved Halloween :-0

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds tasty for a great Halloween treat! By the way. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tamron-You have a great Halloween too. Thx for stopping by my blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds yummy. I bake the seeds from our jack-o-lantern every year. Such a fun Halloween tradition.

    Joyce
    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Joyce-Sounds like you are another pumpkin seed fan. I'll check out your blog link. Happy Halloween :-0

    ReplyDelete