Sunday, October 17, 2010

I Prayed to God for Help and Two Angels Came to Help Me

It was October 11, 1998 when my dear father passed away. It was one of the hardest things I have endured in this life. My mother passed away when I was only nine years old which brought dad and I, even closer. After dad passed away, I felt like a part of me died. The hopelessness I felt was unbearable. In my grief and pain, I remembered a conversation that dad, Laura and I, had one day. (My twin sister, dad and I, called ourselves, "the three muskateers".) In one of our many deep, spiritual conversations, we talked about visiting eachother after death if God would give us this gift. On this night, about three months after his death, as I lay on my bed whailing, I remembered our conversation and thought I would try talking to God about letting dad visit with me.
Through the tears I prayed to God to let dad come visit me. I remember saying something like, "dear God, if it is your will, please let me know dad is around me. Here is my story of what happened that night when I finally fell asleep...

I woke at 10:11AM from a Loud noise that seemed familiar. It was a specific honking of a car that my dad use to do when he passed my apartment. The honk went to the beat of, Honk- Honk - Honk Honk Honk, Honk-ety HonkHonk,HonkHonk. Dad always used this particular honking pattern because of its' history. It was a bell that hung out the front door of my childhood home. He and mom rang the bell to this same rhythm to call their five kids to dinner. I felt like I was in heaven when I heard this. Waking up to my dad's infamous honk had me feeling hope again. I hadn't fallen asleep till early morning, so I joyfully went back to bed, knowing dad was near.

I woke up again to dad's classic honk at 11:27AM. Each of the two times I was awakened, I heard a quiet voice tell me to look at the clock. This is why I am so sure of the exact time. I knew there was something to the time of these honks but couldn't figure it out. I called my twin sister after the second honk to see if she had any idea's. I was babbling on in excitement, knowing dad had visited me but she filled in the blanks.

That night, I had prayed that my dad would come to me or let me know he was around. Little did I know that God had bigger plans for the heavenly visit I requested. Laura, obviously being part of God's plan, reminded me of some important dates. Dad died on October 11 (10:11) and mom died on November 27 (11:27). I squeeled in absolute joy at the miracle God had given me. Not only did he give me the gift of dad but mom as well. In my grief of losing dad, I wasn't even thinking that mom would come see me. I will never forget the night that mom and dad came to ease my pain and hopelessness. Death does not mean the end but the beginning. It also doesn't mean that we still can't feel or talk with our loved ones. I realize miracles like this dont happen everyday and that is why it is an experience I will forever cherish. Mom and Dad knew I needed them both so I could move on.

4 comments:

  1. Very inspiring. I am always looking for a sign.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometime we just need to figure out how to look. Thanks for the comment:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. I am very intrigued by your beautiful story and background. The fact that you are a concise writer is a definite bonus. Thank you, again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry I havn't commented. I just found this. Thanks so much for your kind words about my beautiful experience. It really helped get through the grieving process. If you read this please let me know how to follow. I click on your name or follow button but it doesn't work anymore. Help.

    ReplyDelete