Saturday, July 10, 2010

What a Dream I Had Last Night


Have you ever had a dream that made you happy until you had to wake up. Last night I had one of the best dreams of my life. I strolled into the kitchen, all smiles, and the family knew their was something up. I finally admitted that my happiness wasn't just a good night's sleep but auntie was in love.

In our house, we love to talk about our dreams openly. I admitted that I was feeling sad because the man I loved was just a figment of my dream imagination. Living with teens, they had no problem telling me that "it was just a dream auntie."

I don't know if you have ever had those type of dreams that affect your day. I actually felt like I was going through a grieving process once I figured out my lover wasn't real. I was grieving the fact that the man I loved and was going to marry, was just a dream. Not even the best therapist in the world could help me work through this sudden end of a relationship. How dare my subconscious do this to me. How can I work through this?

I am now going to admit who the man in my dream was. At first, I remember him being a good lookin guy that I didn't know. As the dream continued, I realized that the man I loved, was none other than "Robert Downey Jr." Not only was it one of my favorite actors that I have followed through my life, but no, it was much more than that. I found out in the middle of the dream that my boyfriend was "Iron Man." Pretty cheesy huh? Hey, I don't control my dreams, so no judgement please.

I eventually got through my day because of the support of family. They teased me, questioned me, and asked me to talk about the dream. The more I talked about it, the better I felt. I told the kids that this dream man would be the only reason auntie mama would ever consider marriage and moving out.

No comments:

Post a Comment