Tuesday, May 15, 2012

I'm flying to New York City to hear John Mayer

I still can't believe it's really true. My sister and I won a free trip to hear John Mayer's new album. We registered for it on a local radio station here in Minnesota, called "Cities 97." The first time the DJ, Brian Oake, called a name, no one called back. He called the next name at about 8:20AM and my twin sister's ex-husband happened to be listening to the station. He called Laura and told her she had ten minutes to call back  and that she'd won some trip. The rest is history...

Sis and I board the plane tomorrow morning. Their putting us up in the Hudson Hotel in mid town. I guess it's steps away from Central Park. We plan on putting our things in the room and then doing some walking and shopping before the big release party. The Cocktail party starts at 7:00PM at a Studio called "The Electric Lady." It's a famous studio that Jimmy Hendrix actually built for himself to record his music. I'll be getting lots of pictures of sis and I with John Mayer and will share them with all of you.

I've wanted to go to New York since I was a young girl. My father lived there before he met my mom. He always wanted to take us but we never made the trip.  He'll be in our hearts as we go there for a once in a life- time experience.

The new album is called, "Born and Raised" which includes the single, "Shadow Days."

Watch out New York City-Here come the Minnesota Twins from the Twin Cities

4 comments:

  1. wow...... congrat!!! You feel awesome when you win something like this! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also going on a trip. So I can feel your excitement. I am go to Tennessee than Idaho. I have never been out of Florida. I have never won a trip do they pay for everything?

    Well I hope you have the time of your life. Something you will always remember.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sneha and thanks so much for reading about my free trip to hear John Mayer. It was a blast!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you back yet from your trip Tamron? If so, I hope you had as good a time as I did. How wonderful for you to get out of Florida and see some other states. I'm excited for you. Yes, the radio station paid for the air fare and the hotel room. All we had to worry about was fun money, can you believe it? The hotel they put us up in is one of the nicest in the area and well known. It's by everything like Central Park, which made it nice as we didn't have a lot of time there. Thanks for reading my story.

    ReplyDelete