Monday, February 8, 2010

Kids Week

Hi everyone-I know, I haven't been online since my first attempt at blogging. It's not that I didn't want to as much as I forgot to fit it in on kids week. See, my twinner and I have her children every other week and last week was ours. Things tend to get very hectic when it's our week with the kids. There is sports, sports practice, driving to two different schools, homework, working adults, keeping up and maintaining a house and much more. The week we have the kids is always very challenging and busy but I can't imagine life without my twinners little ones. They give me such joy and purpose in life.

Ever since Laura and her ex-husband started talking about having kids, I knew that I would be much more than just an aunt. When your a twin and your as close as we are, one twins treasure tends to be the other twins treasure. I knew I would be an aunt but deep down I knew that I would be much more...A MOM . At the time Laura and her then husband were starting a family, I was as single as they come but the thought of my best friend and twin having kids was something I looked forward to, even if not yet for myself. I was excited for this new chapter in my life as an auntie. I vowed to Laura and myself that I would be very committed . I was there for the birth of both children and have been there consistently ever since to help raise them. In my wildest dreams, I never knew what becoming an aunt would do to me and my life. Little did I know back then that I would end up living with my twin sister and her kids. How did that all come about? More on that later.....


Twin Trivia: Do twins ever switch classes? Yes, and for Laura and I it started young. Young, as in kindergarten. I know, can you believe we already knew at age five, how fun this bond could be?



No comments:

Post a Comment